Friday, October 1, 2010

7 Quick Takes: October Version


-ONE-
Over the past two weeks, four people wielding scrapers and paintbrushes have been working on our apartment.  Although the banging, people looking through our second story windows and oldies music has been a trial of patience, it looks wonderful, fresh and new.  I just hope it still looks nice after winter is over.

-TWO-
After thinking that I wouldn't be subbing much early in the school year, I wrapped up September with four full days of subbing fury.  Looking forward to the next two months, especially because flu season = sub season.  Also, a new local school district called me about subbing there for the year, so an interview will be lurking.

-THREE-
(Small) Mission groups will be starting up this week.  I haven't been in a local Bible study since Spring 2008 in Alfred, so I'm really excited to be involved in a group again.  Please be in prayer for lots of members and lots of spiritual growth for everyone involved.

-FOUR-
Two of my BCC students are MIA.  The first exam was last week, and neither of the two showed.  I sent out e-mails that have fallen on blind eyes, and I haven't seen them in classes for over a week now.  With midterms approaching, I wonder how many more will follow suit.

-FIVE-
Just found out today that it looks almost certain that my Mom and Jeff will be moving out of "The Greatest State in the Union" Vermont and back into New York by the end of the month.  Jeff will be getting a promotion and a new coverage area - the Catskills - and mom will be a bit closer to everyone.  This should make holidays a lot easier and I finally won't be pressured into having to visit Vermont anymore.

-SIX-
If you haven't heard already, Andrea and I had kickin' time in Alfred last weekend.  You can read all about it by poking around in this blog, or clicking here or here.

-SEVEN-
As I prepped myself to do school work, I was overcome with the urge to write about a particular song that I've been listening to for a while now.  Content includes understanding worldly wisdom over Godly wisdom, and how we need to live this our in our lives daily, regardless of the cost.  If you're interested, I'd be delighted if you checked it out.  (Warning: the website is under construction, but still readable.)

As always, check out Jen's 7 as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment