Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First Day of Summer

I've been wanting to update for a while, and I'll take this an excuse to show off the summer themed blog decor.

In no particular order...

(1) Summer Session II has begun at BCC, and I'm already two days into the semester.  The students are more vocal than my previous semester, which is great considering it felt like a morgue during the Spring semester.  Since math itself is at college's lowest level, my prep time has been cut down considerably in time and effort.  At the pace I'm going at, I might be done with lesson plans by the middle of July.  But so far, so very good on the teaching front.

(2) As of this evening, I'm officially at 69.49 miles on the bike.  I was told by my father-in-law that if I don't have 100 miles under my belt by the time we start heading up to the summer cottage that he won't let me ride with him.  I'm making it an effort to see that I reach my hundredth mile by the end of the month.  Not only am I enjoying myself more and more after every ride, I've also noticed a considerable increase in speed and stamina.  Biking is sweet.

(3) With gloomy prospects on the horizon, I'm slowly beginning to discard my hopes of finding a local full-time job in education.  Today, I'm officially back on the job hunting scene.  If the classical school falls short, I really have no interest to be playing this part-time game for much longer.  I want to stay in Binghamton and raise a family.  If that means I have to find some employment elsewhere, I'm at the point where I'm ready to accept any full-time job that pays decently and offers some health benefits. So if you know of any full time positions that you think I'd be good at, please send them my way.  I'll do pretty much anything at this point.

(4) Andrea and I are now officially done with Sunday School.  For someone who does not have a difficult time with commitments, this ministry really challenged me.  It wasn't so much the material as it was the sacrifice of giving up your Sunday morning.  There were a number of times I'd rather of been at the adult Sunday school class, but I was still thankful to have worked with the children.  Andrea will be working with them again next year, however, I'll be focusing my time on Mission Groups.

(5) Went to Ithaca last Saturday to celebrate Elisabeth's birthday.  Be on the lookout for pictures, which should be posted by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment