Saturday, March 17, 2012

This Week in Mr. Kovac's Classroom...

Actually, most of my progress this week was made outside the classroom.  I finally got an opportunity to share with (all) my colleagues the education website Khan Academy.  To keep it brief, this tool can single-handedly turn around math education as we know it.  If you're home schooling, an elementary or an upper level math teacher, you should really out this site.  If you want to know more information about it, contact me and I'll give you a brief summary on how it works.

But what I really wanted to do today is write some quotes I got from this week.

When writing corrections on a math quiz, D writes:
"I forgot to simplify the fraction, thus my answer did not conform to the established mathematical standards of notation and simplification."

Also:  While on hall duty, M and her male friend F sit next to me.
Me: What are you doing this weekend M?
M: I'm going tanning.  Oh! Mr. Kovac you should go tanning with me!
-- I shoot M a terrified and awkward face --
F: I don't think Mr. Kovac's wife would like that.


Oh, there is no place like public schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment