Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 Resolutions

I know that it's always a uphill battle when making resolutions, but I'm a firm believer in setting goals - even seemingly unreasonable ones - in hopes that you at least take a few steps in the right direction.  When those goals and dreams and strivings come to fruition, it makes the goal setting process worth it.

Without any further ado...

1.  Read Bible and Pray.  Last year's success of reading through the Bible was an accomplishment, but I don't think I should be satisfied in that alone.  A year or two ago, I asked why I dedicated myself to the Bible and not to prayer.  It was hard enough for me to focus on dedicating a time to be with God; both practices should be cultivated together.  Now with that time established, I want to add on to it by including prayer.  I don't really have a plan, method, a technique or a program to follow.  I think that's okay too.  After a little research, I'll try to write an update on what I'm doing (or not doing) when it comes to my prayer life.

2.  Embrace Change and Be Honest in Relationships.  I know that this year is going to be a whirlwind of changes.  For those who don't know already, I'll be unemployed after this school year ends in June.  It's frightening, but also exciting to think about where our family is going to be 12 months from now.  We might still be here in the Southern Tier, or we could be thousands of miles away, or anything in between.  Either way, it's obvious change is in the winds and embracing it should make acceptance easier.  And for reasons I can't explain, I feel that being honest with the people I interact with at home, and work, and church is inseperable from the aforementioned changes that are bound to happen.  I can't explain why they are connected, but I just feel that they are.  Maybe I'll read this next year and laugh because I'm completely wrong.  We'll see.

3.  Ride that Bike!  Is 300 miles unreasonable?  I hope not.  Evelyn really put a damper on my biking plans this past year.  Here's to many more enjoyable rides.  Also, because I have a habit of running over sharp objects, I'd also like to know how to change a bike tire.  I've been shown how to do it a few times already, but I need to do it with my own hands to learn it.

Here's to a better 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment