Sunday, May 25, 2014

It is Good that One should Wait Quietly

I don't really have the words right now to express how frustrated I am with job searching...

...but thankfully God does.  I read this yesterday and was refreshed that I am not the first person who has ever pressed hard at something to only discover defeat after defeat.  I understand that it's not my efforts that will save me, but rather God, in His enduring love and wisdom, who crafts for me the direction that is for me and my family.  Before too long, I hope to discover what that way is as well.

Lamentations 3:25-33
25 The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
    to the soul who seeks him.
26 It is good that one should wait quietly
    for the salvation of the Lord.
27 It is good for a man that he bear
    the yoke in his youth.

28 Let him sit alone in silence
    when it is laid on him;
29 let him put his mouth in the dust—
    there may yet be hope;
30 let him give his cheek to the one who strikes,
    and let him be filled with insults.

31 For the Lord will not
    cast off forever,
32 but, though he cause grief, he will have compassion
    according to the abundance of his steadfast love;
33 for he does not afflict from his heart
 

No comments:

Post a Comment