Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cheap Change #1

These are a series of posts that represent the ways I have been blessed financially through ways that are completely void of my own merit.  Specifically, and more importantly let it be a testimony that God provides daily for those who are in need.

Late last week, I finally decided to bite the bullet and get my teeth cleaned.  It's not that I have been neglecting my teeth purposefully - I just haven't had dental insurance since I graduated from Alfred in May 2008.  So I called up a few different places for the best quotes I could find.  Not surprisingly, I decided on Lalor Dental Associates.  When I did have insurance, this place, by far, has been the most helpful, friendly and trustworthy.  In addition, it all offered the cheapest service I could find - $62, if you're interested.  More bonus points for Lalor, I was also surprised by how quickly they were able to schedule me in.  On a Thursday afternoon phone call, I got a Monday morning appointment.

The cleaning went wonderfully.  For not having a professional cleaning, I was well complemented and praised for my well-maintained teeth.  The secret is simply brushing them well, twice a day, and using floss at night.  I've only had one cavity my entire life.

The best part?  I went to pony up the dough before leaving and I was humbly surprised to hear the total amount: $40.  Apparently the last time my mom had visited (over 4 years ago), she overpaid by $22.  Since we're on the same account, I got that credited to my bill.  Also got a free toothbrush and a mini-tube of toothpaste... that's an extra $3 there right?

Cheap Change #1: $25
Cheap Change Total: $25

No comments:

Post a Comment