Friday, July 22, 2011

7 Quick Takes: 2011 #7


-ONE-
I like the heat and I'm not complaining about it.  If it was 90 and sunny everyday of the week all year, I'd be a happy man.  Although, I do worry for the land.  It's been entirely too dry.

-TWO-
Broke the 200 mile mark on my bike yesterday.  I'm amazed how quickly your second 100 miles compared to the first.  Aiming to hit 300 before the end of summer.

-THREE-
Our bank (though technically a credit union), refuses to let us deposit a check made out to "Andrea Kovac Photography" even if Andrea Kovac is present.  I politely informed the manager that the county clerk allows you to do business under your own name if your legal name is in the business name.  She bascally told me that she didn't care and we have to set up a special type of business account.  In combination with this illegal activity and other inconsistencies I've experienced with Visions Federal Credit Union, I'm ready to take my business elsewhere. Any recommendations?

-FOUR-
Since I last wrote about my summer class at BCC, I've had a many students stop showing for a variety of reasons.  My class that started with 12 students is down to 7... maybe 8.  It's hard to tell because I've yet had a day where everyone registered has shown up.  Either way, it's frustrating to see students leave when I know that they NEED this class in order to graduate and I really can't make it much easier for them without sacrificing the integrity of the course.

-FIVE-
Summer has been great for adventure this year.  After returning from Cayuga Lake last weekend, Andrea and I will be laying low in Binghamton this weekend.  But at the end of the month, we're off to RI with Tom to see Kellie and Albert.  Looking forward to another awesome weekend with awesome friends.  We have one more trip planned to see Kenny in Rochester sometime in August.

-SIX-
With the unfortunate news that Soli Deo Gloria will not be meeting this year, I've been vigorously looking for any job that I'm qualified to do that is also full-time.  Of recently, I've been poking around at UHS, CareerBuilder, some specific jobs off company websites, and today I went to some temp agencies in hope they can find me a temp-to-hire position.  If you have any suggestions or hear of any job leads in the Southern Tier, please, please, please let me know.

-SEVEN-
Here's my new favorite song.  Note: It's not my All-Time Favorite Song.  This song is just more of the flavor-of-the-month type.

Owl City - Alligator Sky (without rap)


For more 7QT see Jen or Anne

8 comments:

  1. I suggest having people make out checks to Andrea Kovac. :) Boom, problem solved. I, for one, have been a memeber of Visions FCU since I was a kid. I do a ton of stuff through there via online (since I no longer live in the state) and never experienced any crazy issues. They are their cons just like an credit union but I have to say...they are probably one of the better options out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for Point Six- I think Visions FCU is hiring. BAHAAH..no..seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously, for future reference, checks will be written to Andrea under her name directly. However, it sounds a bit unprofessional to ask a client, "Hey, can you re-write a check just to my name instead of my business name because my bank isn't recognizing the law."

    ReplyDelete
  4. When Andrea and I got married and started our joint account, they had about 45618764321 different reasons why we couldn't just have one account between the two of us. So Andrea has one account with $25 in it and the other we share jointly. There have been other situations where we've tried to do some banking things and we noticed a lot of inconstant practice between branches and within branches. And that makes it difficult to do business with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And sadly, I did see if they are hiring and I wouldn't qualify. Another reason to forget Visions ever happened. I hope they treat you better than they have treated us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting you're having so many issues with joint accounts. I say this because I know my parents have a bunch of joint stuff happening. Also, my mother is linked to my account so if I need to make any personal appearances she can go in my place. Works everytime. Empower Federal Credit Union is another good one I can recommend. They only have one branch in Binghamton and a bunch of ATMs. However, they are expanding. They are like Visions of Syracuse. Nice people over there. I know them personally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Because you gave me a happy song to listen to, I want to give you a song that I've listened to on repeat all day today. A new discovery. Also the video is all sorts of feel good. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-R2rm68wJo&ob=av2e

    so today, i've only heard the above song maybe 90 times, and your song (still on first listen.)

    This might be too much information for a first comment. So sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Blair: I'll check out Empower.

    @ Linda: That's fine. I'm always looking for new music to listen to!

    ReplyDelete