Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Hardest Thing I've Ever Done...

... is teach.

It's been a dark time for blogging, and I don't think things are going to change anytime soon.  Teaching has become a consuming part of my life.  I spent the majority of my mornings, afternoons and evenings writing lesson plans, creating media for my lesson plans, contacting parents or grading papers.  And even those these are sacrifices I don't enjoy, it has been very rewarding inside the classroom.  I'm also at peace with this busy work schedule (to some extent), because I know that next year things will be a bit easier.  But I wanted to write to let everyone know that teaching is going well, despite my long hours.

If I had one request though, it would be that you pray for my proactive effort to carve out time for God.  Because the days are so busy, there are times where I spend multiple days without reading my Bible or praying.  This should not be.  I came into the public school system to be a transforming agent for God, and without being rooted in Jesus's words and teachings I will fail in task to spiritually renew my school.  If you think of me during the day, please pray for my struggle to devote the proper amount of time to God, as well as for the children I teach.

May God dwell richly and deeply in your hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment