Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Quick Moment of Sunlight

Lent 2014: Entry #3

I should apologize to those who have to bear with me; I know that I haven't been the best of company as of late.  This past year has been a challenging, frustrating, and disappointing season of my life.  Between my job, family issues, and just a general dissatisfaction in my Christian walk, there are just some days where I feel that I haven't amounted to anything worthwhile.  Right now, I'm in one of my lowest valleys.

So over the past week, when people have come around to support and encourage me, I want them to know that it's been refreshing; a breath of fresh air; a quick moment of sunlight.  I feel blessed to be a part of a Bible study group that cares and prays over me when I expose my weaknesses.  And when I had to unexpectedly move my mother's possessions across town on very short notice last Saturday, it's a relief when a friend and their family are willing to sacrifice their whole afternoon to help.  (And on top of that get an additional phone call for extra help.)  Or, when two of my newest friends talked with me after church and absolutely insisted that they pray for my lingering unemployment, it's something that holds me together and gives me a reason to keep pushing forward in circumstances that have been downright awful.  I've been given a lot of other support lately too, but these three things so close to each other just really prompted me to write.

When God wants to show His absolute strength, sometimes He uses the weak the overpower the strong.  But sometimes, God just calls on His strong people to raise up those are burdened.  I'm thankful that God has placed people in my life who are eager to strengthen those who feel as though they have been shattered.




No comments:

Post a Comment