Monday, April 26, 2010

April's Final Week

Yesterday (Sunday), Andrea and I got to spend some time with some friends for the first time in awhile.  I was feeling socially out-casted the last few days and Kellie got all her work done on Saturday.  So the three of us, along with Carrie and Ife put together a marvelous dinner under Kellie's supervision.  Andrea and I contributed rice and apple crisp, Ife brought the drinks, Carrie brought a salad (not for me though!) and Kellie put together the main course of Chicken Adobo.  The food and the socialization was a great success.

Today though, is Monday, and it's cold and rainy.  The usually warm weather we got earlier in the month has spoiled us, and leaves us all anxiously awaiting summer.  I spent a majority of the day out looking for both summer jobs (without much success) and sent another application to Addison Central Schools.  A call I got last week combined with a call from this morning ensures that I'll be in Harpursville at least two times this week.

Lastly, I've decided that I'll be getting up at 6am Monday-Friday.  I missed a potentially easy day's money because I wasn't prepared enough to get to Tioga Learning Center on time when I received the call; I was cross with myself.  So, since early rising times will be something I need to get used to again, a 6am start will give me a good breakfast and time with God regardless what happens the rest of the day.  If I get called in to substitute, I'll be prepared for the call.  If not, it gives me opportunity to serve my wife (through breakfast), exercise, or complete whatever menial tasks set ahead of me for the day.

I'm looking forward to very productive days this week.  Let's hope I won't disappoint myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment