Sunday, May 30, 2010

Back to Blogging and Less of Facebook

Yikes!  It's been too long since I last posted here.  A large part of that has been due to some tendinitis or something like it that prevents the motion of my right wrist, especially in typing.  However, its starting to recede, so I'm coming back to blog.

The past few weeks have been full of stress for me.  Especially earlier this month, I have been striving and trying so hard to gain employment, only to fall flat on my face with every attempt.  It seems with every week I'd have a new lead, and by the next week's end, it dissolved.

Currently, I have only one shot left - a private middle school in the Corning, NY area.  From what I've gathered, it sounds like a wonderful teaching opportunity.  However, I'm going through the motions with a heavy heart because if I am employed, it would mean relocating.  When I first moved into Binghamton for grad school, I had every intention of leaving as soon as possible.  Good Shepherd has seriously got my reconsidering that notion.  Slowly but surely, I've begun really enjoying my time at the Church of the Good Shepherd, and especially the people in it.  But on the other hand, Andrea and I are looking for some financial stability and right now this might be our only option.  As a responsible Christ Follower, I will be trying my hardest to get this job, and I will assume if the door of opportunity closes, then it is meant to be.  June 11 can't come quick enough.

Completely unrelated is what's happening - and soon not to be happening - on Facebook.  What started off as one of my many rants in my living room, has now turned into a 200+ people movement to go one week without Facebook.  Kellie and I put together an event that has gone somewhat viral across the New York State interwebs and beyond.  Why the protest against Facebook?  To put it simply, I'm upset with their privacy policies (even though they just changed them back again, kinda) and the amount of self-worship that is posted on a daily basis.  Personally, I have been longing on Facebook far too often, and I need to break the habit, and this will be a great way to start.  Don't worry if you're looking to know about my convictions, I'll probably share my ideas in depth about Facebook later this week while I'm not on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment