Monday, November 1, 2010

Trunk or Treat

Andrea dressed up as a Hobbit-lass (note the furry feet) and I went as a ninja.
This Halloween, Andrea and I did something I never had heard of until this year called a "Trunk or Treat." Advertise the event with your local group or church, get a bunch of cars together in a parking lot, get a costume, and hand out candy to cute little kids.  Although I wasn't looking forward to it for most of the week, I actually had a pretty good time.  Our church held the event yesterday while giving away free tracts for children as well as games, cider, hot chocolate and donuts for any children, adults, monsters or any other living thing that asked politely.  Someone also brought a trebuchet to launch candy in the parking lot as well.  We had a decent turnout - more than I expected at least - and everyone seemed to have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment