Friday, April 22, 2011

7 Quick Takes: 2011 #5


-ONE-
This year's Holy Week has been refreshing and insightful.  I finally decided to attend all the services Good Shepherd has to offer this year and I haven't been disappointed.  Throughout the week, I have come to a few convictions and have a better understanding on how wide and powerful His forgiveness can be.

-TWO-
As per tradition of previous 7QT, I'd like to publicly congratulate Kellie and Albert on their recent decision to be committed to each other in  relationship. May God's presence be abundant and guiding for both of you in this new season of life.

-THREE-
Although the weather hasn't actually been "warm and springy," Spring Fever has come over the Kovac household.  We're rearranging our belongings, opening windows and painting surfaces to look fresh and new. We are hoping to also start a bigger project, but I still have to petition for the landlady's permission.  If it pulls through, you'll certainly hear more about it.

-FOUR-
My ankle, although better, still isn't fully healed.  I've embraced the fact that I need a support brace and frequently rotate through two of them as they both challenge the rehabilitation of my ankle differently.  However, the doctor wasn't joking around when she said it'd take the rest of the month.  I thinking a full recovery by mid-May would be a tremendous blessing.

-FIVE-
Playoff hockey is alive and well.  Last Wednesday was the opening night of the NHL playoffs, and I have been delighted to see the Penguins take a 3-1 games lead over the Tampa Bay Lightning.  All rounds of the playoffs are best-of-7 series.  With the fifth game scheduled tomorrow, I'm expecting a series victory for the Black and Gold, and earning themselves well earn rest before the second round.  Games should start to get much more interesting and stressful as it is almost certain that the Pens will be underdogs from here on out - just how we like it.

-SIX-
Statistics is almost (finally) over.  By far and large, it's the hardest material I've encountered in my young career.  It's a class needing high level mathematics, but also a high level of literacy.  Both qualifications seem to be lacking in most of my students this semester.  Furthermore, its unlike other math disciplines because it isn't absolute in nature; there is plenty of gray area in statistics, especially when it comes to interpreting in context.  If I'm offered to teach it again, I definitely will, however, I will be trying a new approach.

-SEVEN-
Because I haven't stumbled across a brilliant link lately, I'll default to the KenKen website.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment