Sunday, November 4, 2012

Chronicles of a Father-to-Be: Part V

So the registries have been made and all the showers have come and gone.  We were blessed enough to have three: one for church and friends, a second for family, and the math department through me one.  Since I wasn't at the first two though, I don't think I'm very qualified to talk about what happens at showers.  However, I am exceeding content and humble to receive as much support and love from those who have participated.  For that I am very grateful.

On Tuesday, we'll be in Week 35 and both of us are very excited but also very much aware that Baby will be with us in about a month.  We are also very much aware a lot has to be done, and as of tonight, we're feeling a bit overwhelmed.  There are still a number of things we have to do (wash new baby clothes, clean the rug, get the hospital bag together, get car seat inspected, etc.) and remaining essentials to buy (diapers, bottles, crib mattress, sleeper sacks, etc).

In addition to all that we have Christmas to worry about.  Andrea is diligently working away on Nativity figures, while I'm writing lesson plans and making materials weeks in advance in hope that I can take about 5 days off from school.

Oh don't worry though, I put up the glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling last night.  Looks awesome.


Here's to hoping we can be a bit more put together by Thanksgiving!
Our nursery is underwater themed.  Andrea did most of the work here.
29 Weeks

33 Weeks




No comments:

Post a Comment