Monday, November 5, 2012

Goodbye, Kellie!

After getting to know Kellie for two years at Alfred University, I eventually moved back to the area in 2008 to get my Masters in Education at Binghamton University.  Although Binghamton was the place I spent the first seven years of my life, it still posed the same challenges that anyone would face moving to a new city.  Thankfully, Kellie had been also been attending BU as a graduate student as well, and became my first friend in the area.  Ever since the days we spent in the hallowed halls of academia, Kellie has become mine and Andrea's most trusted and beloved friend.  Over the course of three years, we have worshiped together, served together, celebrated each other's birthdays and other miscellaneous occasions, gone on countless trips and vacations, and attended many Bible studies together.  Kellie and I even had an opportunity to work together at our previous employments at Broome Community College and observed each other's classes.

However unfortunate for us, Kellie has been given an opportunity to find employment in the great state of Rhone Island, a place much closer to her boyfriend, Albert.  As much as we would love to still have Kellie with us, it's challenging to be in a long-distance relationship, especially for as long as Kellie and Albert have been dating.  So at the very least Kellie, I will continue to pray that the time spent in Rhode Island yields you much fruit spiritually, financially (with gainful employment) and emotionally (with you awesome boyfriend)...

...but I'll also continue to pray that God will bring you back to us through a Naval Academy on the Susquehanna.

There's a lot of ways I can close this blog entry out, but I think this is most appropriate:


We love and miss you Kellie.  Our loss is certainly Rhode Island's gain!


No comments:

Post a Comment