Friday, July 9, 2010

7 Quick Takes

1.  4th of July weekend was amazing.  I'd been looking forward to spending time at the lake for a number of months now and it was just as good as I had hoped it would be.  Lots of swimming, lots of adventure and lots of sunburn.  It was also nice to see a new face there - a friend of Adam's - even though the policy of "no foreigners" is a stance of the older and more traditional people who come up.  I've done my part in breaking that cycle.

2.  After changing the date for what seems to be the third or fourth time, my mom is now in Binghamton for the next few days for her "vacation."  What seems strange to me here is that she doesn't have a time when she is going to leave, nor does she have a set date or range of dates of when she is going to leave.  This could become very awkward for a lot of us if she chooses to stick around for longer than a week.  Especially as...

3.  VBS starts Monday evening.  I finally got the time to complete the ciphers that I will be doing with the children earlier this week.  I'm pretty excited to see how this whole thing turns out.  I've done a wide variety of VBS programs in the past, ranging from Northern Ireland to Wellsville, NY.  I need to be approaching a sense of seriousness though because it hasn't been on my mind.  If only a handful, there will be children who will be ready to make a decision for Christ, publicly or privately, and I need to be in an attitude of prayer so that I may be a facilitator of that if the opportunity arises.

4.  Andrea and I have been working quite a bit lately on our different part time jobs.  This month looks to be the most difficult one financially that we have faced so far.  Although in some ways we are not happy with the situations that our opportunities are occurring, I am at least thankful that the Lord is providing for us in ways that make sense (and dollars).  I am continually amazed by the consistency that the Lord shows us month in and month out.  We are called to have the faith like those of children, and in that faith I am open to be amazed month after month because of that faith.

5.  I went in for an interview on Tuesday with the hopes of maybe landing a job teaching this upcoming school year.  Unfortunately, I left a bit disappointed because I realized that I really didn't interview that well for the position.  That's no reason to count myself out of it yet, however, I was also taken aback by the tremendous workload of this particular position.  If I receive the position, I know I'll take it, but I will need lots of extra doses of sanity to pull me through the year.  I'm supposed to hear them either way by the end of today - but I've heard that story before too.

6.  Because money probably going to be tight for the next year (I think of a year as going from September to August), I'm looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment and its utilities being a bit cheaper than what we have now.  If anyone knows of any secret finds, let me know.

7.  Although I rather enjoy warm weather, the last few days has been bordering on ridiculous.  Hopefully the rain comes soon or we get a (small) relief of the humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment