Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cheap Change #2

When I opened my mailbox today, I was disgusted to have received a flyer from the local Wal-Mart store that has apparently just had it's grand opening.  As I was about to throw it away, I had realized the piece of paper had an usually amount of weight attached to it.  Curious, I look thoroughly though the ad to discover a $5 gift card attach to use in the new store.

Now, let's get something clear and in the open.  I detest Wal-Mart.  I strongly disagree with their stance on hiring illegal workers, I strongly disagree their treatment of their illegal and legal workers, I strongly disagree on manufacturing methods, I strongly disagree on their outsourcing and I strongly disagree on the way they violate human rights.  I love saving money, but I won't buy their blood-stained products even if they have the cheapest prices on the planet.  So I've made it a life-goal to never put another dime in their pocket.

Oh, I know what they are doing. By giving me $5, they are trying to trick me into buying more than $5 worth of stuff.  I'm not taking the bait.  I'm unsure what I'm going to buy, but I do know that I'm going to spend (read as: steal) $5 there without going over.  Because I so strongly detest Wal-Mart, I'm considering it my duty to make sure I spend this $5 wisely, while creating an insignificantly small impact to the world's most evil business.

On a different note, I returned a can of root beer into Wegman's this week that I didn't buy.  And I also found $0.16 (a dime, a nickel and a penny in case you're wondering) this past week on the floor when I was working at JCPenney's.  Tack on $0.21 more.

Cheap Change #2: $5.21
Cheap Change Total: $30.21

No comments:

Post a Comment