Friday, January 7, 2011

7 Quick Takes: 2011 #1


-ONE-
Finally started working on my lesson plans to find out that teaching two classes probably won't be as bad as I'm making it.  Although, I'm a bit worried that I won't get as far ahead in my plans as I had hoped.  Oh well, that's why they're called "plans."

-TWO-
Got a chance to spend some time with Adam last night and earlier today.  The good times full of miso ramen soup and photo-shots were a bit damped by our cat attempting to eat and destroy Adam's hat.  Thankfully, by early this morning we had located another one in Elmira that we gave him the money for.  It's exciting for me when siblings (in-law) come over because I didn't have any growing up.  These days are special to me.

-THREE-
Christmas will officially end tomorrow when Andrea and I give and receive our final gifts to people who we didn't get a chance to see recently - my father and her grandparents.  Once that's taken care of, I'll be looking forward to not hearing anything more about it for another 10 months.

-FOUR-
Today I finally paid off Serena - our 2003 Hyundai Accent.  Because of the extra money we got from the Saturn, we were able to take a sizable portion off our loan.  A pay plan of 3 years was cut down to only 17 months.  Praise God for having one loan off our backs.  Those student loans on the other hand...

-FIVE-
New Years Day started the year on the right foot again this year by heading out to Port Dickinson Community Park and finding 3 of the 4 geocaches hiding there.  This years team comprised of myself, Kenni, Adam, and a new member, Elisabeth.  That's geocaches #30-32.

-SIX-
I encourage everyone to check out Marissa's post about "The Boy who Harnessed the Wind."  When summertime rolls along, I'll probably be reading this.  Although for the time being, I am having a hard time with Barnes & Noble ordering it.  Good thing I have six months to figure it out.

-SEVEN-
This past month, I've been catching episodes of HBO's "24/7" documentary on hockey, and in particular, their focus on two of the NHL teams - the Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals.  And although I am a bit disappoint about not winning the Winter Classic that we hosted, I am relieved to know that the Pittsburgh organization itself is many time more professional, fun-loving and down to earth than the Washington one.  If I was a Washington fan before watching this, I probably would have given up hockey altogether - it would be very embarrassing for me to be a part of.

For more takes, see Jen

2 comments:

  1. Wow...that's a long time to drag out Christmas! I don't blame you for wanting to get it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Kathleen it is!

    I don't get to see my father too often, so we usually wait a week or two to officially end Christmas. One benefit though - it's amazingly less stressful.

    ReplyDelete