Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What's that Ruckus? #2

No lengthy introductions or personal thoughts this time.  These couple of songs from The Rocket Summer's album "Of Men and Angels" has been akin to "music therapy" for me over the last week or two.



The Rocket Summer - WALLS

The story of my life I can't quite comprehend.
Don't tell me if you know how it ends.
When everywhere you go feels like a mirror maze,
And you're not sure how you're stuck in this place

PRE-CHORUS:
And you got nowhere else to go and you're lost within your own home,
And you're trying so hard to win, you keep trying, it's embarrassing.
And how you don't even know, but you know you're off the tracks.
And how did you get in here? Thinking how did I get in here?
CHORUS:
I'll help you break the walls down.
I'll help you break the walls down.
Bust you out, and take you home,
Believe you me you are not alone,
I'll help you break the walls down.

Does anybody know where February went?
I was hoping that by not it would be the end of this:
When you open up a book and read a thousand lines,
But you don't really read you just move your eyes.

PRE-CHORUS
CHORUS

And I know this is random but just this morning I saw
The sun reflecting off the lawn and window,
Oh, I don't know why, but I thought you should know.

PRE-CHORUS
CHORUS

And all the weight you carry will disappear
And I will willingly embrace you
So you lay your head.
So come on home, come on home, come on home.


The Rocket Summer - LIGHT

All I needed was a light in the darkest place
I've ever been in all my life as I try to find my way
And the changing seasons of my life and my eyes don't see
The things I love have run their course 
Are they done? Are they just beginning?

CHORUS:
And I'm old enough to know that time doesn't move slow enough
And young enough to know that I can't ever be too old enough to trust you
Higher and higher
I wanna go there with you
Some say your fire, your fire is through
And I don't wanna think that way

So you lost your job or lost the girl and you crushed your soul
And now you're standing at a new painful fork in the road
So you wet your finger, hold it up
But there's no wind there telling you where you where you should go
So you try, try to trust while you bear it

CHORUS

I am Yours, do what You wish
I am Yours, I am Yours and I know this
Whatever happens next is in Your hands, in Your plans, nothing less
Every day there is a choice and through the joy, through the pain I will rejoice
I am Yours, do what You wish
I am Yours, I am Yours and I know this

Save me because I need it
And I can't help but feel desperate
When my desires they seem are coming to their endings
But I will trust 
It's not the end, but a great beginning 

No comments:

Post a Comment