Friday, January 21, 2011

7 Quick Takes: 2011 #2


-ONE-
After a long season of not teaching, I'm finally back at BCC teaching just the statistics class.  Unfortunately, the second section never worked out so I'll be heavily working the sub-teaching circuit until June.  I have also landed myself a tutoring gig for the immediate future.  Things aren't looking as bad as they did last week.

-TWO-
Because of the not-so-desirable circumstances, the events surrounding my birthday wasn't as exciting as I wish they were.  However, that is not to say I haven't seen the blessings.  Thank you to everyone who wrote on my Facebook wall and special thanks to those who brought bacon treats to my house on Wednesday.  (I'm looking at you Kellie; the bacon-wrapped crackers get better every time I eat it.)

-THREE-
I decided to change up my Mission Group at the church this week my writing my own questions.  It was fun and exciting to do, not to mention it reminds me of my old Alfred days.  If you want the questions, I'll be posting them up every week that I do them over at r2r, so you can view them there.

-FOUR-
I haven't updated everyone about my Sunday school class in awhile.  God has really blessed me through them.  Even though I dread getting up a bit earlier on Sunday, somewhere between enter the church and walking into the classroom, God changes my entire state of mind.  I hope I have blessed the children as much as they have blessed me.  We're currently trudging our way through the Old Testament and will be finishing Joshua this week.

-FIVE-
I'm not one to really talk about the weather, but its been a bit snowy here lately.  Its not that I mind shoveling and salting the doorway and sidewalk, but with gas pricing creeping up a few cents everyday I am getting that much more eager to start riding my bike that I got for Christmas.  Waiting is always the hardest part.

-SIX-
Since Christmas, I've been listening to a lot of new music.  Expect to see some music-themed bloggings over the next few weeks.  Its been a real encouragement to me.

-SEVEN-
And a congratulations to Adam and Anna on officially starting to date.  While I'm at it, I should also mention that I completely neglected for months Becca and David dating relationship on here.  If you see either couple, be sure encourage them daily to live a healthy, spiritually sound and God-glorifying relationship.  From experience, I know that being close to friend who were close to God made my relationship with Andrea much easier and put us on a very good path.

Want more takes?  See Jen.

No comments:

Post a Comment