Monday, January 17, 2011

Valleys

Last week was incredibly difficult for me on a lot of levels.  Although I wish I could fully share everything that is going on, sometimes its better to keep somethings on the DL.  Maybe there will be a day where I can express everything that has been challenging me this week, but that just simply isn't going to happen today.

On Thursday, I lost one of my two classes at BCC was taken away because of poor enrollment elsewhere.  When I found out, I was really devastated and I'm to some degree I still am.  Having a second section was not only more income, but an indicator that my teaching was considered quality enough to be more teaching responsibility as an adjunct professor.  Also, I have been trying to attend meetings and do things outside of my teaching requirements.  Because I know that odds are against me, I'm still doing everything I can to show that I'm serious about wanting to have a full-time job in teaching at BCC.  A caveat though, I got an e-mail on Saturday morning telling me "a situation is developing" that might get me back the class I lost, but a different section.   I'll find out tomorrow.

Some of my friends are going through ridiculously difficult seasons of their life.  And it seems like everyone else is having a number complicated struggles as well.  When you thrive as a community, you also tend to get hurt as a community as well.  Seeing so much need has been a "downer" at the very least for me, but I know its much more painful and challenging for those who are actually dealing with the problems.  Apart from prayer, Andrea and I have been doing our best to reach and comfort those in need, but we are only two people.  I have no idea how widespread this blog is, but if you think you know who some of these people are, I ask for your helping and caring hands to assist in rebuilding the community.

Lastly, it's become official that my mom will be moving to Scranton, PA in March.  I know my mom only has the best intentions in moving closer to me and my grandma - both in Binghamton.  But her frequent visits usually put me on edge and are often times very stressful for everyone involved.  Because I neglected visiting her in Vermont because of the time and distance, I won't have that crutch anymore.  Does this sound like I'm an ungrateful child?

And then there are just some nuances that maybe I'm just more attentive to.  The biggest one of note is that we have a squirrel that has found its way in our bedroom walls and makes quite a racket during the nighttime when we're (trying) to sleep.  Will be calling the landlord about this one.

I know there has been some good news sprinkled around, but I'm not in-tuned enough to remember any.  Sorry.

If you feel lead to pray for my situation, please also pray for my friends and community as well.  We're all equally in need of it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment